Hudson Group Celebrates Expansion into Indianapolis International Airport with the Opening of Several New Stores Including Iconic FAO Schwarz Toy Store “The Traveler’s Best Friend” rolls out 9,000-square-feet of life-sized fun, ...
Hudson Group Celebrates Expansion into Indianapolis International Airport with the Opening of Several New Stores Including Iconic FAO Schwarz Toy Store
“The Traveler’s Best Friend” rolls out 9,000-square-feet of life-sized fun, travel essentials and specialty retail offerings inside the Indianapolis International Airport (IND)
East Rutherford, N.J, October 23, 2019 – Hudson Group (NYSE: HUD), a leader in North American travel retail, unveiled its first six stores at the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) this month, where it announced a new 10-year contract win earlier this year. The concepts include well-known travel and luxury retail brands FAO Schwarz, Tumi, Vineyard Vines, Ink, Hudson and tailored local staple Pitstop by Hudson.
This latest expansion for Hudson Group is part of the airport’s concessions refresh program, aimed at better serving the record-breaking 9.4 million passengers that visit the Indianapolis International Airport. Hudson Group will add a total of nine new stores and nearly 9,000 incremental square feet to the brand’s growing portfolio and allows the “Traveler’s Best Friend” to provide the unmatched travel retail excellence it is best known for in a thriving new market. In addition, Hudson will occupy the largest retail store to date in the Indy airport, a 1,700 square foot location in the award-winning terminal. The new stores will be operated under a joint venture agreement between Hudson Group and its ACDBE partners, Erin Humphreys of EnRoute Spa and Milan Patel of OHM Concessions Group.
On Tuesday Oct. 22, Hudson celebrated the grand opening of the iconic FAO Schwarz, by surprising and delighting consumers with life-size board games, nostalgic toy soldiers, a balloon artist and a photo booth to capture the memorable moments among travelers and executives from Hudson Group, FAO Schwarz and the Indianapolis Airport Authority.
Hudson Group and FAO Schwarz previously unveiled the toy store’s first airport location at LaGuardia International Airport in December 2018, and the leading travel retail and toy store brands are continuing to deliver a one of a kind experience to the Indianapolis area. The celebratory occasion was brought together by partners and executives from each brand, including Mario Scorcia, Executive Vice President at Hudson Group, Janet Keane, Director of Licensing at ThreeSixty Brands Group, owner of FAO Schwarz, and Mario Rodriguez, Executive Director of the Indianapolis Airport Authority.
“The Indianapolis International Airport was recently ranked as North America’s best airport for the sixth year in a row, so we are both honored and thrilled to enter this new market and add the IND Airport team to our Hudson family,” said Roger Fordyce, Chief Executive Officer of Hudson Group. “With the ultimate goal of turning the world of travel into a world of opportunity for travelers, Hudson is poised to offer our customers a gateway to a variety of exceptional retail experiences unlike any other travel brand, with authentic Hoosier flair and an unmatched sense of place.”
“We are committed to providing a larger-than-life adventure that sparks the imagination of all who pass through FAO Schwarz,” said Janet Keane. “With our exceptional partners, Hudson Group and, now, the Indianapolis International Airport, we are able to deliver the FAO experience to millions of jet setters and dreamers alike, helping travelers create new memories and relish in nostalgic moments along their journeys.”
“In order to further solidify our position as the leading airport in North America, we set out to reenergize our retail and concessions offerings throughout the airport with a refresh initiative,” said Mario Rodriguez, Executive Director of the Indianapolis Airport Authority. “In doing so, we have welcomed world-renowned partners such as Hudson Group and FAO Schwarz into the fold and look forward to improving upon our exceptional services and continuously raising our standard of excellence for travelers each day.”
When the project is complete, Hudson Group’s newest store concepts inside Indianapolis International Airport will include:
- FAO Schwarz: The world’s most famous, iconic toy store has provided magical experiences for children and adults alike for over 150 years. A unique and transformative retail experience with signature toys and items, as well as FAO Schweetz delicious treats and sweets.
- Ink: Hudson Group’s contemporary bookstore built around a core offering of books, Ink serves as a cultural hub to the airport community and features a curated assortment of bestsellers, small press titles, classics, prizewinners, local favorites, and a unique selection of toys, stationery, fashion, artwork, travel essentials and indulgences.
- Tech on the Go: Tech on the Go is a visual and auditory experiential journey that will satisfy both the technophile and the tech-novice. The space will feature a live gaming lounge, giving IND visitors the opportunity to play video games while waiting for their flight to depart. The store will play host to leading brand names, including Apple, Belkin, Beats, BOSE, Mworks, RHA, House of Marley, Wicked, Sony, and Mophie, and many more trusted brands.
- Tumi: The world’s leading international business, accessory, and travel lifestyle brand. From overnight escapes to epic journeys, Tumi has just the bag or travel accessory to fit the leisure or business traveler.
- Vineyard Vines: Classic, yet contemporary, Vineyard Vines offers an excellent selection of apparel and accessories for men and women. From day to evening, Vineyard Vines has something for all special occasions and everything in between.
- Hoosier Crossing: A travel essentials and convenience store which caters to the ever-evolving needs of today’s passenger, providing everything the traveler wants based on four clearly-defined primary categories – Media, Essentials, Marketplace & Destination. This concept is inspired by Indianapolis’ status as the Crossroads of America and includes a number of locally inspired touches.
- Pitstop by Hudson: The classic Indianapolis Motor Speedway-inspired travel convenience concept is designed and merchandised to delight shoppers by offering both the essentials they need as well as the treats they want, including Hudson Group’s proprietary ‘Traveler’s Best’ fresh, grab-and-go food line. The store will reflect the local icon by using sleek auto racing finishes, a checkered patterned entry, and a racing stripe to display the store name.
- Hudson: The quintessential one-stop-shop for all travel needs, Hudson is North America’s largest travel essentials and convenience brand designed with customer ease at its core. Designed and color-coded for ease of navigation, Hudson delivers the lifestyle shopping experience preferred by today’s traveler. Inspired by the iconic Hudson News brand, store offerings range from books, magazines, snacks and beverages, to travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs and electronics. Not to mention, the new Hudson location at the Indianapolis International Airport will mark the brand’s largest retail store!
For more information on Hudson Group and the brand’s latest store openings, visit www.HudsonGroup.com or follow Hudson on Instagram and Twitter @HudsonGroup.