Hudson Group Wins 10-Year Contract Extension at Philadelphia International Airport
East Rutherford, N.J., March 5, 2019 – Hudson Group (NYSE: HUD), a leader in North American travel retail, today announced it has been awarded a 10-year contract extension for nine locations at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). Combined with the Company's recent market win at PHL including 13 new locations, the concessions agreements for Terminals A, D, E, F and the B/C Connector will more than double its current footprint with 17,174 square feet of retail and food & beverage space.
Hudson Group will continue to operate its nine existing locations, operating brands such as Dunkin’ Donuts, Hudson, Life is Good, and Kiehl’s, and has already added several new specialty stores including 5th & Sunset, Coach, Hudson News, PHL Sports and Vera Bradley. FAO Schwartz and Ink by Hudson are slated to arrive later this year.
Nearly 32 million passengers traveled through Philadelphia International Airport in 2018. The airport ranks within the top 20 airports in the U.S., and in less than 10 years, PHL has undergone over $2 billion of capital improvements with $650 million of projects still ongoing.
“We’re excited to deepen our commitment to Philadelphia International Airport with expanded and new retail concepts that modernize the travel experience for PHL’s nearly 32 million annual passengers,” said Roger Fordyce, Chief Executive Officer of Hudson Group. “This new contract win and extension agreement reflect our focus on maximizing our passenger traffic exposure in North America’s top airports, while also diversifying the concepts and products we offer to better meet the needs of travelers.”
“As we continue to elevate the passenger experience at Philadelphia International Airport, we’re pleased to be introducing new brands and concepts that resonate with the traveling public,” said Paul McGinn, President MarketPlace Development. “Hudson Group continues to be a reliable, innovative partner that has a pulse on travelers’ needs. We look forward to continuing our multi-year partnership.”
Details on Hudson Group’s new retail concepts include:
- Hudson: Hudson is the nation’s largest travel essentials and convenience brand designed with customer ease at its core. Divided into four major categories and color-coded for ease of navigation, Hudson delivers the lifestyle shopping experience preferred by today’s traveler. Inspired by the iconic Hudson News brand, store offerings range from travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs, and electronics, to snacks and beverages, books, and magazines.
- 5th& Sunset: Hudson Group’s proprietary sunglasses and accessories store where customers will find a terrific range of pricing options and leading name brands, such as Gucci, Kate Spade, Maui Jim, Oakley, Ray-Ban and more.
- Coach: Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach.
- FAO Schwarz: FAO Schwarz has been a brand synonymous with quality and innovation, offering an unparalleled selection of extraordinary toys that have enchanted generations and cultivated a loyal clientele. With over one hundred fifty years of operation, FAO Schwarz draws inspiration and will incite one-of-a-kind experiences to passengers.
- Ink by Hudson: A new contemporary bookstore built around a core offering of books, Ink by Hudson serves as a cultural hub to the airport community and features a curated assortment of bestsellers, small press titles, classics, prizewinners, local favorites, and a unique selection of toys, stationery, fashion, artwork, travel essentials and indulgences.
- PHL Sports: Caters to the traveling public offering brands such as 47 Brand and New Era. Whether baseball, basketball, football, or hockey, PHL Sports will evoke a Philadelphian sense of place by sharing passion and appreciation for its hometown teams.
- Vera Bradley: An innovative brand for women that specializes in bags, fragrance, luggage, and accessories and continues to offer new and exciting products to its consumers. Vera Bradley is most recognized for its colorful patterns and quilted-cotton bags, which offer beautiful solutions that add brightness and fun wherever you carry them.