Hudson Group Wins Major 10-Year Concessions and Retail Contract at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Expanding Footprint With Six New Stores
East Rutherford, NJ – February 27, 2018 – Hudson Group, a leader in North American travel retail, in partnership with Cambios y Servicios, Inc. and The Levitt Group, LLC, has been awarded a new 10-year contract for six new travel essentials and convenience, food and beverage, and specialty retail stores at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX). The new concepts will cover space of over 10,600 square feet, expanding Hudson Group's footprint to 11 stores across 15,685 sq. ft. in the Southwest travel hub.
The contract is part of PHX’s Terminal 3 Modernization Program to improve efficiency and experience for travelers. The program is expected to be completed in 2020. Hudson Group’s winning bids include an eclectic mix of leading national and local brands, including: Passage by Hudson, Ironwood by Hudson and Giant Coffee, Discover Arizona, and Tech on the Go, which Hudson Group will own and operate while subleasing the retail space for Johnson & Murphy and Indigenous & Mosaic.
“Our goal at PHX - America's Friendliest Airport - is to provide our customers with a variety of duty-paid and duty-free retail offerings, all-the- while reflecting the rich community and culture that the city has to offer,” said Joseph DiDomizio, president and chief executive officer of Hudson Group. “As a longstanding partner since 2006, we are honored to deliver our Traveler’s Best Friend service in Terminal 3, and we are eager to enrich the retail program with our new concepts.”
Additional details on Hudson Group’s new retail concepts include:
- Passage by Hudson: A travel essentials and convenience store inspired by the unique form of Hole-in-the- Rock, a natural stone formation in Papago Park. Like Hudson Group’s flagship Hudson brand, Passage by Hudson centers on customer convenience, and features a variety of travel essentials ranging from books, magazines, snacks and beverages, to an expanded Destinations regional gifts and souvenirs selection.
- Ironwood by Hudson and Giant Coffee: Taking a cue from the theme of the South Concourse, “path through the desert,” Ironwood by Hudson is a strikingly visual travel essentials and convenience store that offers passengers a strong sense of place. The expanded merchandise sections include a wide variety of healthy grab – and – go meals and snacks, electronics, travel accessories, local and regional gifts, which is further complemented by the inclusion of the popular Phoenix-based –Giant Coffee – a traditional coffee shop serving organic locally roasted coffee, teas, and scratch pastries.
- Discover Arizona/Tech on the Go: The unique combination of a high tech electronics shop with an upscale regionally focused gift store offers PHX Terminal 3 passengers an unprecedented travel retail experience. Merchandise and product assortment includes a number of local and regional brands that are exclusive to Hudson Group, as well as a shop-in-shop with House of Marley, offering a signature sound experience.
- Tech on the Go/Sony: The dynamic duo of Tech On The Go & Sony meets the tech-related needs and high demands of the most techy-savvy travelers. Together, they offer a range of prices that ensure the availability of quality products for every budget and technology need.
- Johnson & Murphy: A pillar of classic workmanship and a beacon of American style, Johnson & Murphy prides itself on offering a wider assortment of shoes, apparel, and accessories for both men and women.
- Indigenous & Mosaic: A combination store that offers customers a unique mix of both Native American and contemporary jewelry, art, ceramics, glasswork, collectibles and souvenirs. This freshly designed concept and its retail offerings reflects the sophisticated personality and culture of Phoenix and the state of Arizona.