East Rutherford, N.J, May 30, 2017 -Hudson Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dufry AG, and its partner Shaw Foods, today announced it was awarded seven new specialty retail, travel essentials and duty-free stores for a total space close to 6,400 sq. ft. (600 sqm) at Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU). Hudson Group created the winning bids with an eclectic mix of leading national and local brands, including: Hudson, Ink by Hudson, City Market News, Raleigh-Durham Duty Free, Vineyard Vines, 5th & Sunset, and Tech On the Go.
“Hudson Group is transforming travel retail with its inviting new store concepts, and we cannot wait for customers and visitors alike to enjoy our newest innovative creations at RDU,” said Joseph DiDomizio, President & CEO of Hudson Group, Division CEO North America of Dufry. “We are proud to expand our strong relationship with Raleigh-Durham International Airport, and to deliver the best leading national and local brands to our customers in Terminal 2.”
“Hudson’s new, fresh retail concepts will appeal to customers who want to start their vacation or business trip at RDU,” said Kristie VanAuken, Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority vice-president of communications and community affairs. “We are glad to extend our very successful partnership with Hudson Group.”
Additional details on Hudson Group’s new retail concepts include:
- Hudson/Ink by Hudson: A combination travel convenience/bookstore, the new Hudson/Ink by Hudson combo store will offer customers an excellent array of essentials for RDU passengers. This location offers maximum customer service in a distinctive unique format.
- City Market News: Designed to reflect the Raleigh-Durham region, City Market News is a full-service travel convenience store that provides RDU passengers a unique sense of place.
- Hudson: Hudson is nation’s largest travel essentials and convenience brand designed with customer-ease at the core. Divided into four major categories, and color-coded for ease of navigation. Hudson delivers the lifestyle shopping experience today’s travelers prefer.
- Raleigh-Durham Duty Free/Duty Paid: Domestic passengers will now have the chance to shop for an excellent assortment of cosmetics and fragrances, fashion accessories, and confections. International passengers will appreciate the selection of tobacco products, wines and spirits.
- Vineyard Vines: Classic, yet contemporary, Vineyard Vines offers an excellent selection of apparel and accessories for men and women. From day to evening, Vineyard Vines has something for all the special occasions and everything in between.
- 5th & Sunset: Sunglasses and watches are two accessories that never go out of style. Whether fashion accessory or performance necessity, both make a statement about the men and women who wear them. 5th & Sunset offers a range of styles and shapes from leading names in fashion design and high-performance technical brands.
- Tech On The Go: RDU passengers will find everything to fulfill their tech-related needs and desires in Tech On The Go. Featuring leading brand names, Belkin, House of Marley, Wicked, Monster, Mophie, Fitbit and so many more, Tech On The Go is a visual and auditory experiential journey that will satisfy both the technophile and the tech-novice.
About Hudson Group
Hudson Group, the largest travel retailer in North America, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of international travel retailer Dufry AG (DUFN) of Basel, Switzerland. Hudson Group operates over 950 Hudson, Hudson News, Hudson Booksellers, cafes, specialty retail and duty free shops in 83 airports and transportation terminals in the United States and Canada, and operates in 24 of the top 25 airports nationally. For more information, visit www.hudsongroup.com and www.dufry.com.