Dufry Subsidiary Hudson Group Announces Six New Stores Opening at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
East Rutherford, N.J, June 20, 2017 - Hudson Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dufry AG, today announced six new stores at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas as part of the company’s ongoing commitment and strategic expansion in the Las Vegas market. The stores total 14,500 sq. ft. of commercial space, and offer travelers high-end luxury goods such as watches, timepieces and jewelry, and travel essentials, electronics, wine, spirits and apparel.
In collaboration with architectural firm, Designwork Studios, Chill, Hootenanny and Dunkin’ Donuts are three modernized stores tailored to appeal to the traveler’s senses to deliver an unparalleled shopping and dining experience, 24-7.
- Chill by Hudson: The sundry shop, inspired by Hudson Group’s iconic Hudson News brand, offers 1,550-square-feet of travel essentials ranging from books, magazines, snacks and beverages to travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs and electronics.
- Hootenanny by Hudson: Like Hudson Group’s modern Hudson brand, Hootenanny’s design is one that stands out. The design elements include a modern apothecary feel with old school roadhouse furnishings, including raw, distressed fixtures with an industrial distillery feel. The 3,075-square-foot shop offers travel essentials, electronics, top-shelf liquor and premium cigars in a humidor.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: A high-energy mash-up of bubblegum rock and pop art bring excitement to the iconic 1,546-square-foot Dunkin’ Donuts eatery. The she state-of-the-art restaurant can be found on the first floor of the hotel and is open 24-hours a day, seven days a week, serving Dunkin' Donuts' menu of delicious food and beverages.
Design elements incorporate Hudson Group’s successful specialty and travel-essentials concepts with a unique twist, showcasing eclectic features such as custom island vitrines, bright color schemes, hip décor, and edgy textures for optimal guest engagement and visibility.
Moreover, leading design firm, Big Red Rooster, has collaborated with retail shops Bezel, Day + Night and Shine to create their own identity and personality that offer a rock and roll vibe paired with an authentic shopping experience.
- Bezel: Curated fixtures furnish the 831-square-foot high-end watch and timepiece store to amplify the craftsmanship and detailing of master watchmakers. Key brands include Hamilton, TAG Heuer, Ernst Benz and Raymond Weil.
- Day + Night: Sophisticated opulence full of edgy attitude. The 7,111-square-foot apparel store covers shoppers’ leisure travel wardrobe needs from a sun-drenched day at the pool to a star-studded night on the town. Black and white, checkered tile flooring accentuates the juxtaposition between daywear and evening apparel with a large, open black ceiling and metallic gold drapery. Shoppers can find clothing, accessories and sunglasses brands including M. Fredric, johnnie-o, Hershel Supply Co., Maui Jim, Tom Ford, Gucci and many more.
- Shine: Girly shimmer and shine is given a rock and roll edge in this high-end 400-square-foot chic jewelry store. Shoppers are treated by an intimate, boutique feel that is grounded in rustic reclaimed wood and modern detailing.
“Hard Rock Hotel is committed to delivering exceptional, one-of-a-kind experiences to our guests,” said Jody Lake, chief operating officer at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. “With the Hudson Group partnership, guests will be able to take advantage of a fresh, unique shopping environment in addition to our outstanding lineup of first-class entertainment, innovative gaming, high-energy nightlight, daylife and music scene and acclaimed restaurants.”
“With the Hudson Group’s new exclusive properties in Las Vegas, we are forging new territory by bringing 30 years of travel retail experience to resorts for the first time,” said Joseph DiDomizio, Hudson Group President & CEO, Division CEO North America of Dufry. “We could not be more proud to partner with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas.”
About Hudson Group
Hudson Group, the largest travel retailer in North America, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of international travel retailer Dufry AG (DUFN) of Basel, Switzerland. Hudson Group operates over 950 Hudson, Hudson News, Hudson Booksellers, cafes, specialty retail and duty free shops in 83 airports and transportation terminals in the United States and Canada, and operates in 24 of the top 25 airports nationally. For more information, visit www.hudsongroup.com and www.dufry.com.
About Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is Las Vegas’ off-strip playground, just minutes and less than three miles from McCarran International Airport. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino offers an energetic entertainment and gaming experience with the services and amenities associated with a boutique luxury resort hotel. The property is known for its innovative nightlife and music scene where acts such as The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Carlos Santana, Mötley Crüe, Guns N’ Roses and KISS have all performed. Features of the property include the newly-remodeled 11-story Casino Tower with 640 rooms and suites, 17-story Paradise Tower with 490 rooms and suites; the 15-story HRH All-Suite Tower with 359 suites, eight spa villas and seven penthouse suites, which has received the AAA Four Diamond Award; 60,000 square feet of casino space featuring Peacock High-Limit gaming and Asian gaming amenities; 110,000 square feet of flexible meeting and convention space, which was named a Smart Meetings 2016 Platinum Choice Award winner; more than $4 million in rare music memorabilia; Reliquary Spa; Kelly Cardenas Salon – a Paul Mitchell® Focus Salon; 4.8 acres of tropical pool paradise, which was voted as the No. 1 “Best Hotel Pool” in the 2015 USA Today 10Best Readers Choice contest; the world-famous pool party Rehab Beach Club; live music/entertainment venues The Joint, Vinyl and Club Domina, the home of Magic Mike Live Las Vegas; restaurants Culinary Dropout, Nobu, Pink Taco, Mr. Lucky’s Café, Goose Island Pub, 福Fú Asian Kitchen, Oyster Bar, Pizza Forte, Dunkin’ Donuts and MB Steak; a fitness center; trendsetting retailers John Varvatos, Affliction, Hart & Huntington Tattoo Co., Chill by Hudson, Hootenanny, Bezel, Day + Night and Shine. For room availability and additional information call 800.HRD.ROCK (800.473.7625) or visit hardrockhotel.com. Follow Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and updates.
Hard Rock International
With venues in 74 countries, including 174 cafes, 24 hotels and 11 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's greatest collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise, Hard Rock Live performance venues and an award-winning website. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes in iconic cities including London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney and Dubai. HRI also owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Tampa and Hollywood, Fl., both owned and operated by HRI parent company The Seminole Tribe of Florida, as well as other exciting locations including Bali, Chicago, Cancun, Ibiza, Las Vegas, Macau and San Diego. Upcoming new Hard Rock Cafe locations include Valencia, Shanghai, Yangon and San Juan. New Hard Rock Hotel projects include Abu Dhabi, Atlanta, Berlin, Dubai, London, Los Cabos, New York City, and Shenzhen, Dalian and Haikou in China. For more information on Hard Rock International, visit www.hardrock.com.