GROW With US!
For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
Hudson Group is North America's largest specialty travel retailer. We offer great career opportunities for individuals who will provide excellent customer service and maximize sales by assisting in the daily operation of the stores.
- Partners with Director, Labor Relations in all labor contract negotiations.
- Provides guidance to field operators in sensitive labor matters including discharges and disciplinary actions.
- Verifys that all contractual issues and wage adjustments are carried out in an accurate and expeditious manner
- Ability to simplify and explain key concepts to a variety of levels of management.
- Ability to persuade managers and above in all labor relations matters.
- Helps administer formal and informal grievance procedures including arbitrations
- Provides support to field operators to mitigate labor/management issues.
- Supports development of new labor-managements programs and initiatives.
- Provides guidance, assistance and support to Manager, Employee Relations and Compliance, supervisors and administrators within HR, the greater executive and operations teams.
- Develops and implements procedures, including communication plans. Role may also be required to support HR efforts such as performance review, compliance and auditing.
- Other duties as required.
- Travel up to approximately 45% may be required
- Opens, maintains, organizes and files on a consistent basis the internal files pertaining to particular clients and matters.
- Prepares spreadsheets and presentations using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, as well as using Relativity in connection with e-discovery.
- Creates, formats, and uses MS Word to prepare and edit letters, memoranda, briefs, pleadings, agreements, contracts, and other legal documents from forms, original handwritten materials or dictation;
- Monitors email, enters time, makes arrangements for translators, conference rooms, client meetings
- Schedules meetings, appointments, coordinates travel arrangements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in working with PowerPoint, Excel, MS Word 2010, and other Microsoft applications
- Ability to interpret contracts and explain key concepts to field operators in order to save time and legal expenses
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in labor relations, preferably with multi-union and multi-facility locations.
- Ability to assist DOLR at arbitration and to assist chief spokesperson at 20-30 contract negotiations (both small and multimillion dollar contracts).
- Skilled at investigating labor complaints.
- Strong working knowledge of NLRA and NLRB procedures and applicable labor and employment laws and practices.
- Extremely organized, ability to multi-task, prioritize and pay close attention to all detail, comfortable working under extreme deadlines, ability to be flexible, work under tense circumstances, and ability to remain calm and composed
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Ability to be a team player, work independently, strong reading and writing skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree required (Masters preferred).
- Superior written and oral communication skills
Hudson Group is always on the lookout for top quality people who want to be a part of a winning retail team. With many stores and concepts across the country and throughout the world, we have the ability to help you find the job that is right for you. We recognize that our employees are a driving force behind our success! Our dedicated team enjoys an exciting and friendly environment!
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries,
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance,
- Company Paid Life Insurance,
- Paid Vacation,
- Paid Sick Time,
- Employee Recognition Programs,
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities,
- On-going Training & Development.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.