The primary responsibility of the Merchandise Planner is to ensure the proper quantities of merchandise are in each location at the appropriate time in a cost effective manner. The position will have ownership and accountability of KPI’s for assigned categories.
- Runs replenishment, both manual and auto, of selected categories and locations
- Maximizes sales through optimizing allocation of stock to the stores in a manner that will ensure the desired inventory and WOS goals by store to support achievement of the profit objectives of the company
- Partners with vendors to resolve issues and ensure appropriate flow of goods, and builds strong relationships
- Partners with field locations to resolve issues and ensure inventory objectives are carried out
- Partners with respective buyer(s) on assortments, stock issues, and markdown plan for all discontinued and/or non performing programs
- Provides merchandise category stock to sales analysis and identifies opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Monitors inventory performance versus plan and inform management team on status so that deviations from plan may be addressed on a timely basis
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field preferred
- 3-6 years merchandise planning, replenishment, buying, or inventory management experience
- Familiarity with replenishment systems - preferably SAP or JDA
- Requires strong Excel skills
- Requires strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage a large work load
- Self-starter with team focus
- Requires strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Additional or Local Requirements to Standard Role
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Hudson Group / Dufry and sincerely appreciate your interest in our company.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose qualifications seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process.
Hudson Group / Dufry provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
Hudson Group / Dufry is a drug free workplace and applicants are subject to drug screenings in compliance with local statutes.
Where permitted or required by law, applicants are subject to local, state and federal criminal background checks and background checks conducted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).