The Assistant Buyer provides operational support to the Regional Buyer and assists with the developing business strategies to maximize sales and profits for Newsstands and Specialty Concept stores. Assists the Buyer in the selection and procurement of merchandise to achieve company goals. This includes interactions with vendors, in term of information gathering, problem resolution and purchasing and replenishment of products, managing location’s purchase order cycle including writing replenishment orders, tracking orders from vendor to stores.
- Performs the administrative & operational functions supporting the Regional Buyer-Canada. Responsible for purchase order management and administration. This includes item file set up, order writing, changes and cancellations and any necessary follow-up (both internally and externally) to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed.
- Must have the understanding of inventories to the relationship to sales
- Maintain various files (example Purchase Orders, product information, catalogues) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of purchase orders
- Assist with location’s replenishment orders (Specialty Concept Stores)
- Manage location’s Monthly Cycle ending inventory levels for specific categories and/or Specialty stores
- Assists with physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Performs duties of Buyer as needed for the purpose of maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of the work unit
- Research, set up Vendor’s control sheets and assist with roll out national programs to all locations
- Processes purchases orders, ensuring the availability of items as needed and/or disseminating items/materials (Mark downs)
- Researches discrepancies in deliveries, invoices, etc for the purpose of tracking items, resolving problems and/or complaints and/or ensuring accuracy of invoices.
- Responds to inquiries for the purpose of resolving problems and/or providing information and/or direction regarding the status of orders and deliveries
- Responsible for following through with Purchase orders to ensure product is received in a timely manner, notifying warehouse and merchandise dept of new product (store location, pricing and product knowledge
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of the buying function including merchandise selection, negotiation, pricing and store merchandising.
- Provides on-going analysis and interpretation of key business issues as directed by supervisor. Including the monitoring of regional merchandise reports and other ad hoc analyses.
- Demonstrates product knowledge through sharing information with buyer as a result of competitive shopping and the market. Utilizes product knowledge to take the initiative to suggest new resources and creative methods of sourcing product.
- Communicate with Stores and vendors to provide information and problem solve.
- Assist in planning/coordination of availability of products for new store openings.
- Occasional market travel: visiting vendors, attending trade shows, etc.
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.