Responsible in executing the day-to-day HR activities and administrative duties of the Human Resources Department and , in support of the locations strategic planning initiatives to ensure a productive and profitable operation, while helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service throughout the operation.
- Administer and enforce human resources policies, programs and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing all HR related responsibilities
- Ensure retail locations are following company's human resource policies, programs and procedures through coordination with the Corporate Office and the Regional Human Resources Manager
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale
- Monitor legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR such as OSHA, EEO, FLSA, ADA, and FMLA
- Monitor exposure of the company and prepare information as requested or required for compliance. Escalate to RHRM as necessary
- Recruit, train and develop all supporting levels of staff to ensure an efficient and profitable operation. Assist RHRM with succession plan for the location and other HR initiatives
- Ensure consistent excellent internal and external customer service delivered by knowledgeable and professional associates and management, by providing customer service training
- Coordinate with Corporate HR in the implementation of wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services, and company safety and health programs
- Keep RHRM and/or Corporate HR informed of significant problems that may jeopardize achievement of objectives or those not being addressed adequately
- Assist Corporate HR in delivering medical, dental, vision, 401(k), etc. benefit plans to employees; STD, LTD, Life and workers compensation
- Responsible for the company’s customer service training at the location
- Assist with investigations, as appropriate, into employee internal employment related complaints (including applicable Code of Conduct complaints), determine appropriate actions and document consistent with Company standards. Lead and/or assist Corp. HR in investigation of external charges (sexual harassment, discrimination, etc.) and assist RHRM and Corporate in preparation for litigation, compliance audits, etc.
- Enter, manage and administer biweekly payroll for all hourly and salaried employees
- Recruit, prescreen, and interview hourly associate candidates.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct New Hire Orientation; insure new hire paperwork is complete and sent to the appropriate Corporate Office department
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- High degree of interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely well organizes & ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of current Human Resources trends and employment laws
Education and Qualifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Prior Human Resources Management experience preferred.