Managing the Vendor
- Working with assigned vendors on learning all of nuances of products and technology to pass along to the field.
- Fully understand the Vendor trainings to help implement them with the training department and the field, including on-line training tools.
- Work with vendors to continuously improve Merchandising standards.
- Work with vendors on marketing and appropriate signage to go into stores, fixtures, channel tags, and product talkers.
- Work with vendors to develop effective product demos and measure results.
- Send weekly/monthly sales results to the field highlighting top performing locations and give recommendations and feedback for best practices.
- Set monthly conference calls and provide updates on projects on a regular basis.
- Work with inventory management to provide vendors with a rolling 90 day forecast.
- Process quarterly stock balance requests for Planogram Changes or Overstocks.
- Work with the vendors to create contests centered around key company initiatives.
Working Within the Organization
- Managing the regional and store managers to support their efforts with assigned vendors with emphasis on the poorer performing locations.
- Work with training department to develop a “Certification” program for Tech On The Go locations.
- Work with Inventory Management and IT to generate the reports that the RVPs and GMs need in the field to better manage the inventory and sales.
- Work with the training department to develop 5 minute Key Word and Phrase trainings.
- Create competition between RVP’s & GMs through phone calls and emails. Create contests between stores and managers within regions, and then regions with regions as well as national.
- Visiting stores for the following…
- Working on Merchandising
- Set up new stores and store remodels as needed
- Working on techniques for improving salesperson performance
- Working with Dr. Power and the show and tell set ups
- Work with the GMs for ways to constantly improve the performance of the store, and to walk the location for merchandising opportunities.
- Work with store managers on how to use the monthly numbers on attachment rate by product, sales percentage vs. attachment rate on agreed upon initiatives.
- Come up with strategies to meet the Corporate Electronics Goal, as well what actions to sell higher margin products; higher end products; etc
Ability to travel 50-80% of time
Ability to read and understand inventory and sales reports.
Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel, Word etc. Prior experience in visual merchandising and training helpful, but not required.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors. Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.