Assists the General Manager in executing the day-to-day activities in support of the strategic planning initiatives to ensure a productive and profitable operation, while helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation throughout the operation.
- Assist the General Manager in maximizing sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimizing shrink.
- Assists the General Manager in recruiting and developing quality staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession planning.
- Provides leadership, effective management and training for staff.
- Ensures communications from home office and the General Manager is delivered to all staff levels.
- Ensures full adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Implements and enforces controls that protect the companies assets from internal and external shrink.
- Ensures over-all floor coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
- Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned by the General Manager, (i.e. scheduling, back office administration).
- Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
- Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising skills
- Performs daily inspections in each store to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained.Fulfills all responsibilities of General Manager in his/her absence including responsiveness to landlord and home office requests.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Ability to multi-task.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or Equivalent.
- 3+ years of related retail management experience.
- Multi-store management experience required for multi-store locations.
Desirable: Associates degree or above.
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.