GROW With US!
Hudson Group is North America's largest specialty travel retailer. For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
Acts as a liaison of the General Manager and our Joint Venture Partners, as well as the Department of Aviation, while executing the day-to-day activities in support of the strategic planning initiatives to ensure a productive and profitable operation. Promotes an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation for a retail concept / operation.
- Assist the General Manager and Joint Venture Partners in maximizing sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimizing shrink.
- Assists the General Manager and Joint Venture Partners in recruiting and developing quality staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession planning.
- Adheres to all Department of Aviation rules and regulations.
- Communicates Department of Aviation initiatives to the General Manager and Joint Venture Partners.
- Attends Department of Aviation, Airport Concessions and management meetings.
- Communicates General Manager initiatives to Joint Venture Partners.
- Manages the relationship between the company and the Department of Aviation and reports the status of the relationship to the General Manager and / or Joint Venture Partners.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and promotes a consistently positive corporate image through clean, well-merchandised stores.
- Provides leadership, effective management and training for staff.
- Ensures communications from home office and the General Manager is delivered to all staff levels.
- Ensures full adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Implements and enforces controls that protect the companies assets from internal and external shrink.
- Ensures over-all floor coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
- Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned by the General Manager and Joint Venture Partners (i.e. scheduling, back office administration, airport compliance).
- Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
- Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager and Joint Venture Partners.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising skills
- Performs daily inspections in each store to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained.
- Fulfills all responsibilities of General Manager in his/her absence including responsiveness to landlord, Joint Venture Partners, Department of Aviation and home office requests.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, subordinates, peers, landlords, suppliers, and superiors.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associates degree or above preferred
- Two – four years of previous retail management experience. Multi-store management experience required for multi-store locations.
Hudson Group is always on the lookout for top quality people who want to be a part of a winning retail team. With many stores and concepts across the country and throughout the world, we have the ability to help you find the job that is right for you. We recognize that our employees are a driving force behind our success! Our dedicated team enjoys an exciting and friendly environment!
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries,
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance,
- Company Paid Life Insurance,
- Paid Vacation,
- Paid Sick Time,
- Employee Recognition Programs,
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities,
- On-going Training & Development.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!