Delivers items by preparing, loading, unloading, operating, and cleaning a truck; developing sales; maintaining records.
- Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to roadability standards.
- Loads truck by ordering, placing, and securing items.
- Delivers items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; unloading items; maintaining schedule.
- Develops sales by reviewing standing orders; analyzing sales; recommending changes and new products; taking and placing orders; calling on potential customers.
- Serves customers by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints; adjusting orders.
- Must be able to work flexible hours mornings-nights-weekends-holidays.
- Maintains truck operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; scheduling repairs.
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Data Entry Skills
- Travel Logistics
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Focus
- Acute Vision
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Excellent Driving Record.