The District Manager
Assists the District Manager in executing all local strategic planning initiatives established for a single store or multi-store location. Promotes a corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and quality store visual presentation throughout the operation.
- Maximizes sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimizing shrink
- Controls payroll and expense through maximizing staff productivity, properly and efficiently allocating labor, and by monitoring monthly store expenditures against budget.
- Uses monthly financial reports and stock ledgers to monitor and control expenses, improve profit margins, and control inventory levels.
- Protects company assets by ensuring that all policies and procedures are consistently enforced and adhered to by staff and suppliers.
- Minimizes inventory shrink through regular physical inspections; Monitors high-risk areas for internal/external shrinkage, and by taking necessary steps for remediation.
- Manages all administrative responsibilities of the location including responsiveness to corporate department heads and staff.
- Recruits, trains and develops all supporting levels of staff to ensure an efficient and profitable operation. Develops succession plan for the location and supports company management succession plan and other HR initiatives.
- Ensures consistent excellent customer service delivered by knowledgeable and professional associates.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and promotes a consistently positive corporate image through clean, well-merchandised stores.
- Ensures compliance of corporate promotional programs and works closely with Marketing department in development of new opportunities.
- Works closely with merchandising department and regional merchandise manager in implementing corporate and local merchandising initiatives.
- Where applicable, works and communicates closely with Joint Venture Partners to ensure compliance with the DBE initiatives
- Develops and maintains a positive and responsive relationship with landlord. Works closely with Development team on local initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills.
- Good analytical business thought processes and problem-solving skills.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Good time management skills and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, subordinates, peers, landlords, suppliers, and superiors.
- Flexible to work periodic long and/or irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent; Associates degree or above preferred.
- Three to five years of retail store management experience. Multi-store management experience required for multi-store location.