The Assistant Lease Accounting Manager is responsible for accurately recording the lease accounting for Hudson’s real estate portfolio in accordance with IASB, GAAP and Dufry policies.
- Responsible for accounting review of real estate leases, concession agreements, royalty agreements, franchise agreements and sublease agreements.
- Responsible to reconcile and resolve any landlord receivable balances.
- Prepare periodic lease accounting journal entries (rent expense, prepaid rent, deferred rent, tenant incentive accrual, etc.) via lease administration software, and record journal entries
- Manage accounting components of our lease portfolio within lease administration software such as extensions, amendments, or terminations
- Generate monthly percentage rent sales reports and subsequent payments to landlords
- Assist in the adoption of new lease accounting guidance under ASC 842
- Assist in the implementation of new lease administration software and the development of new lease accounting policies and procedures in line with ASC 842 adoption
- Perform periodic balance sheet account reconciliations and expense account variance analysis
- Prepare flux analysis for lease related balance sheet accounts
- Assist the Senior Manager to prepare financial reporting requests for 10Q/K and internal/external audits
- Assist the Senior Manager to prepare forecast projections for lease related accounts
- Perform various control activities and work with internal auditors to ensure SOX compliance
- Respond to other accounting and finance group questions by researching and interpreting data in the G/L
- Responsible to oversee 2 staff accountants
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Ad hoc requests and projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritizing work load, complete day to day activities and handle all urgent requests
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with store operations, VPs, Regional Managers and landlords and subtenants
- Self-starter with excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills; works with a sense of urgency
- Strong customer service skills
Essential: 3-5 years of related accounting experience. Knowledge of Great Plains, SAP or any other ERP system. Knowledge of lease accounting under ASC 840 as well as upcoming ASC 842 highly preferred. Solid understanding of IASB & GAAP accounting. Experience with general ledger accounting. Very strong Microsoft Excel skills, including formula manipulation and ability to troubleshoot.
Desirable: Knowledge of AMTdirect software or any lease administration/accounting system
Additional or Local Requirements to Standard Role
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Hudson Group / Dufry and sincerely appreciate your interest in our company.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose qualifications seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process.
Hudson Group / Dufry provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
Hudson Group / Dufry is a drug free workplace and applicants are subject to drug screenings in compliance with local statutes.
Where permitted or required by law, applicants are subject to local, state and federal criminal background checks and background checks conducted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).