Position: Accounts Payable Manager
Location: North American Support Center (NASC)
Manage the daily activities in the accounts payable department. Oversee the process as it relates to timely processing of invoices for payment and communication both external and internal. Ensure company policies and procedures are being adhered to. Responsible for AP reporting.
- Manage all processes and functions to run smoothly, manage a diverse team, resolve conflict, create meaningful goals and provide guidance to achieve set goals.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, Expense and Merchandise teams.
- Possess strong communication and excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Manage the end-to-end AP processing operations
- Manage Year-end 1099 processing
- Manage the vendor invoice process including petty cash and employee expense reimbursements. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all disbursements.
- Manage month-end/quarter-end and year-end close by ensuring all received invoices are processed and provide accrual reporting to Sr. AP Manager
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit, quarterly reviews.
- Verify the accuracy of A/P batch output to ensure correct coding of vendor, general ledger account, invoice amount and matching to payment.
- Ability to perform vendor analysis, and support of corporate procurement fucntions. Review and monitoring of aged invoices and payment inaccuracies, following up to finalize the payment.
- Set goals for the AP team that are specific for department functionality and improvement, measurable (set milestones and track progress to motivate employees), attainable, and relevant for the overall organization. Be able to identify and address performance issues
- Produce periodic KPI's
- Address vendor inquiries, research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Update/create written policies and procedures as it relates to the company’s ERP system. Develop procedures to improve existing process, suggest and implement processing efficiencies.
- Ability to assist in the implementation of new systems including Travel and Entertainment software, Imaging/scanning, vendor portal and automation of payments.
Knowledge Skill and Ability
- Have strong communication and computer skills.
- Proficiency in SAP, Excel, Word and preferably work experience with Great Plains.
- Knowledge of Concur.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, customer-oriented, flexible and adaptive to work in high volume past paced team-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a 4-year degree in Accounting/Finance or Business administration coupled with 3-5 years Accounts Payable experience.