GROW With US
Hudson Group is North America's largest specialty travel retailer. For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for handling, investigating, reconciling and clearing all debit balances. Resolving account discrepancies and other duties as required.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Verify, and process credits
- Collect on accounts by sending reminders and communication with vendors via phone, email, fax or mail
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Reconcile direct debits to ensure that all transactions are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing open balances
- Match statements to open invoices and credits
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Reconcile accounts by insuring credits are received and posted
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Special projects as requested by management
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Minimum 3-5 years practical accounts payable and account analysis experience. Understanding of basic accounting principles is a must
- Ability to learn and work with accounting and reporting applications
- BS degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- Understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple, on-going deadlines;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Provide exceptional customer service and solutions
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal/ external customers
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Hudson Group is always on the lookout for top quality people who want to be a part of a winning retail team. With many stores and concepts across the country and throughout the world, we have the ability to help you find the job that is right for you. We recognize that our employees are a driving force behind our success! Our dedicated team enjoys an exciting and friendly environment!
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries,
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance,
- Company Paid Life Insurance,
- Paid Vacation,
- Paid Sick Time,
- Employee Recognition Programs,
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities,
- On-going Training & Development.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!